- The 19th-century Palazzo Daniele in Italy’s Puglia region was named Europe’s hotel of the year in the Ahead Europe 2019 Awards.
- Run by Sleeper magazine, the awards recognize European hotels built or renovated from June 2018 to May 2019.
- Ahead Europe announced its 16 winners across 18 categories, including best hotel newbuild, best “visual identity,” and best hotel restaurant.
- Winners include an American-inspired 1950s roadside diner in England, eco-friendly sea cabins on a private island in Norway, and a secret garden hotel in Mallorca, Spain.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sleeper recently announced the winners of its third annual Ahead Europe Awards, which recognize the best new hospitality projects and renovations in Europe.
In total, 16 hotels newly built or renovated from June 2018 to May 2019 were awarded across 18 categories including best new lobby, best restaurant, and best new concept. A panel of international hospitality experts, including Marriott International’s senior interior design director and Hilton Worldwide’s vice president of architecture, design, and construction, chose the winners based on “the application of design and architecture to deliver great guest experiences.”
From eco-friendly sea cabins on a remote Norwegian island to an abandoned…
read more: www.businessinsider.com